A 660 kind of morning...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tar12

Minister of Fire
Dec 9, 2016
Indiana
I had been after this buddy of mine to let me cut these logs up before they rotted...this has been going on for close to 5 years! They cleared the right away at his place and he took all of the logs and stacked them on his property with the intentions of milling the Oak logs at some point....with 2 girls playing travel ball he could never find the time and finally told me to have at it Friday...I rolled in at dawn and commenced to pulling logs out with my pickup and bucking and noodling the big Burr,White,Red Oak logs!...I was shocked that they were in such good shape! All of the 24 in up to 56 in stuff was in great shape! What surprised me the most was 2 red oak logs...it was like they were cut standing fresh! Heavy as all get out! Some of this Oak will be ready to burn next year and most will not...my son is coming home tonight after his shift at the Sheriff department ends to help me load this all up into the dump trailer with my friends Bobcat...I probably bucked close to 3 cord today so we can load out the dump trailer pretty quick for a couple rounds....these are the times that I cherish this 660...as it will flat eat those big logs up in short order...a real time saver...I love cracking that throttle on that dude!

Attachments

• IMG_3219.jpg
    IMG_3219.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_3220.jpg
    IMG_3220.jpg
    370.8 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_3222.jpg
    IMG_3222.jpg
    394.6 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_3224.jpg
    IMG_3224.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_3225.jpg
    IMG_3225.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 289
It's amazing how Oak will punk on the outside 1/2" and be solid as can be on the inside. Like you said, most of this will need at least another 2 years, CSS.

It's amazing how Oak will punk on the outside 1/2" and be solid as can be on the inside. Like you said, most of this will need at least another 2 years, CSS.
Amazing indeed! I am thankful that they had the presence of mind to stack the big stuff on top! I think I am looking at 12-15 cord when it is all said and done.

Nothing better to is having a saw that can tear through stuff that big. Nice score.

Reactions: JimBear