Purchasing a woodstove and just met with the installer. I have questions!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Doindia

Feb 27, 2024
NC
Hey everyone, I was initially looking into the large fireplace xtrordinare flush mount wood burning insert. The chimney/wood stove installer in my area deals with buck and regency. After showing me a regency ci2700 it seems comparable to the Travis industries fireplace xtrordinare. The installer is one of the best known in the area over 1k google reviews extremely high rating. I just want to verify a couple things.

My goal was initially to have them drop the liners and leave them in the chimney so that I could install both wood stoves (as I got them) at a later date. I don’t generally like to pay people for things I feel capable of, but I know my limits and getting on my roof is my limit lol. He got the vibe immediately that I preferred to do it myself and that I wanted to save as much money as possible while still doing it right. He said he had a fair amount of liner that was cut from other jobs and that he could splice a piece or two together and that would save me money. Assured me that the work was warrantied and also up to code. After searching here about connecting liners, that seems like an option, but I just wanted to verify/ask

My second question is that he just called me and told me he might have a used unit that he installed 2 years ago in 2022 that the house just sold and the new owners want to switch to gas logs. He said the stove looks great And that the warranty with regency is transferable and is going to give it a thorough check out in the morning and if I was interested I could save a good chunk on that stove. Anything to know about that model/year? Idk how often these stoves change or update is a 2022 ci2700 the same as if I bought a new one?

In general, if you’ve used a 2700 series regency do y’all like them? Any huge issues? I’ve done a search and read through the 2600 getting a restrictor plate added. But just curious yalls thoughts about all this. The owner really seemed like a solid dude that I’d like to work with. He seemed to know his stuff and kept me in mind when it came to saving money. Just wanted to verify these things.

Sorry for the word vomit I hope this is all coherent enough!

Quick googling indicates that its ok to splice only 2 pieces of liner together, not 3+.

I'd also have no problems going with a late model used stove/insert if the discount was sufficient and the stove fit my needs. I doubt the design has changed if the used one is compliant to the latest regulations but the installer would probably be able to tell you. He may actually be making more money off selling you the used stove if the current owners just want it hauled away.

Hey everyone, I was initially looking into the large fireplace xtrordinare flush mount wood burning insert. The chimney/wood stove installer in my area deals with buck and regency. After showing me a regency ci2700 it seems comparable to the Travis industries fireplace xtrordinare. The installer is one of the best known in the area over 1k google reviews extremely high rating. I just want to verify a couple things.

My goal was initially to have them drop the liners and leave them in the chimney so that I could install both wood stoves (as I got them) at a later date. I don’t generally like to pay people for things I feel capable of, but I know my limits and getting on my roof is my limit lol. He got the vibe immediately that I preferred to do it myself and that I wanted to save as much money as possible while still doing it right. He said he had a fair amount of liner that was cut from other jobs and that he could splice a piece or two together and that would save me money. Assured me that the work was warrantied and also up to code. After searching here about connecting liners, that seems like an option, but I just wanted to verify/ask

My second question is that he just called me and told me he might have a used unit that he installed 2 years ago in 2022 that the house just sold and the new owners want to switch to gas logs. He said the stove looks great And that the warranty with regency is transferable and is going to give it a thorough check out in the morning and if I was interested I could save a good chunk on that stove. Anything to know about that model/year? Idk how often these stoves change or update is a 2022 ci2700 the same as if I bought a new one?

In general, if you’ve used a 2700 series regency do y’all like them? Any huge issues? I’ve done a search and read through the 2600 getting a restrictor plate added. But just curious yalls thoughts about all this. The owner really seemed like a solid dude that I’d like to work with. He seemed to know his stuff and kept me in mind when it came to saving money. Just wanted to verify these things.

Sorry for the word vomit I hope this is all coherent enough!
Splicing the liner is fine. And a 2022 ci2700 is exactly the same. But the warranty is not transferrable

Reactions: kcmclellan
Interesting I was very specific about the warranty and was reassured that it was 10 year and transferable over and over by the installer

Interesting I was very specific about the warranty and was reassured that it was 10 year and transferable over and over by the installer
It's not 10 years it's lifetime on the stove body. and it's not transferrable