A big thank you and a question...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trog04

Oct 29, 2012
Front Range Colorado
I want to thank everyone on here for their guidance last year as I bought and installed my Napoleon 1900. It has been a WARM winter here in Colorado thanks to it. And a big plus, my natural gas bill dropped to the floor.

My question is about the cook mate for the Napoleon stoves. I purchased this pretty recently and so far I'm not real impressed. I took the decorative trivet off and placed the cook mate in the space. It doesn't seem to get hot enough to cook anything. I would be very hesitant to actually cook on it. I measured the temp with the infrared, and it was only about 250 degrees. I put a pot of water on it, and it won't even boil it. It will evaporate the water though.

I took the cook mate out and measured the firebox temps, and they were running in the normal range. Is there something wrong with with the set up, or is it just the cook mate isn't that good?

I would love to be able to actually cook on my stove, and I'm not seeing the cookmate as the way to go.

Reactions: raybonz
Reactions: stoveguy2esw
Status
Not open for further replies.