Thanks to the board

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

moor

Sep 14, 2022
Northern MI
Hey all
Got the new stove in a little over a month ago just in time for some cold weather and just wanted to say thanks to everyone. We ended up going with the matrix 1900. Although not as big as I originally wanted it is doing a great job at heating where I want to and it looks fantastic! Also Im really impressed with the quality. Im sitting in my underwear in my great room warm and toasty on a 25 degree day totally guilt free. I installed a SS insulated liner after grinding out a section in the damper and I installed a block off plate and insulated it with the extra liner wrap I had left over. I also added in some filler stone above the insert to fill the remaining gap.

Mostly I wanted to say thanks to everyone here for answering my questions and providing the best resource on the web for wood stoves. Just by looking through all the past threads I was able to find all the information I could ever want and more. Here's a picture of the new stove and I would like to do a review in the future as there arnt many out there on this specific insert. Thanks again

Stoveinseret.jpg