A bit of irony here....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Self lighting fire, needs no wood.........

Almost perfect sales patter, except I detect a tiny flaw.........

Oops . . . probably not the best thing for a business like this.

It is strange where some of the wake-up calls come from. Leaving a can of solvent near the fireplace was not too intelligent even if the thing was off. It is sort of like one should never look down the barrel of a gun! At least until the bolt is out and you are certain there is no bullet in there.

A programmable remote control gas fireplace???? For those that find pushing the button to much effort. Holy cow whats next?

Speaking of irony, one of my fellow firefighters lost his attached garage a few weeks ago, most likely caused by a heat lamp in the bunny hutch IN the garage. Brilliant save by a paid on call department, with minor structural damage in the laundry room, and pretty extensive water damage in the laundry room and kitchen. Light smoke damage in the rest of the house. Luckily his wife is a light sleeper, because the smoke detectors went off when the fellas were there putting the fire out. The bunnies didn't make it.

I put a quartz light in the chicken house a few yrs back. Came home after work late at night and didn't see the light on. Went out to check and it was face down on the floor and had burned a hole clear through, or should I say charred a hole clear through. Didn't catch anything on fire though. Couldn't believe nothing caught. Straw all around and all the dust. Must have been the cold temps that kept it from happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.