A breckwell stove and Home Depot pellets???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timinct

Jan 6, 2009
Vernon, CT
Ok, I just got off work and it's late. Prior to going to work today I got a wild hair and ran to Home Depot where I bought 4 tons of pellets to be picked up on Wednesday. Great deal with the 10% off (Labor Day Veteran discount). $752 for 4 tons. I have no clue what brand is stocked. I will try to call on Tuesday to find out. Reading here it looks like the common ones are: Green Supreme, Stove Chow, AWF and Fireside Ultra. The general public here says that for the price there all good.

My question is: Given a choice between them if thats possible what is the preferred brand using a Breckwell insert? I guess my main concern would be heat output. Ash and dirty glass just come with the territory.

Thanks for the input. I know everyone has a different opinion and thats fine. I appreciate the help.
Tim

I never tried Awful (hopefully they aren't) or Ultra, if it were me I would read the bag and look at the product before choosing. Just my .02.:cool:

Hello

I like Lowes and HD wood pellets. Most of the mills have all the bugs worked out and the the pellets are good nowadays!

P.S. I just scooped up a P2000 Tahoe that has the 3 sided glass and nice digital control panel. So I was wondering how do you like that Breckwell enclosed burnpot? How often do you have to clean it?

Attachments

• Breckwell-A-S-Burnpot.jpg
    Breckwell-A-S-Burnpot.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 173
Gotta love the employees sometimes..... I called Tuesday and was told they had Green Supreme in stock. Show up Wednesday to get them and all they have is Stove Chow. Great for me I think I got the better choice for the cheap ones. Turns out the only pellets they had for the month of August was Stove Chow.

Anyway, 4 tons are home safely and I am ready for the winter.

Don2222,
The burn pot is small. I vacuum on an average about every 3-4 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.