A couple more questions about my Englander..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmonSTART

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
From what I've learned doing my research, the stove's proximity to the brick isn't the problem, because brick is not combustible. As long as you maintain proper distances (or insulation values) to the combustibles behind the brick, you could do an install like the one in the picture.

That sure is a sharp looking stove, and a beautiful hearth. Too bad the stove pipe looks goofy.

-SF

Are you installing this into a mobile home? If not then the approval does not concern you. It just means it was tested to be safe when installed in a mobile home. Most install manuals will also have a special set on instructions for mobile home installations.

How close do you want it to be to the brick? If you are doing a corner install like that most stoves can be very close to a combustible wall in he corner. I would suggest meeting that clearance to the brick just to be safe. If there is not air gap (that breathes) behind the bricks it can transfer the heat fairly well. Some inspectors will want the clearances from the finished wall surface is there is combustibles behind it, others will take the thickness of the non-combustible finish material into account when measuring for clearances.

You also need to consider the connector pipe clearances. Single wall often has greater clearances than the stove itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.