A Couple Tips I Discovered...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JerseyJeff

Apr 10, 2018
New Jersey
Let me start by saying if these tips are common knowledge, I apologize for wasting your time.

TIP #1:
The next time you clean or replace your combustion blower fan blade spray a coating of Teflon dry lubricant on it. It will stick well through many cleanings and can easily handle the heat and you will find considerably less ash build up on it and find cleaning it much easier.

TIP #2:
Finding some screws hard to loosen for cleaning out the burn pot or getting the combustion blower off?
Use aluminum grease lubricant on them. It is an automotive grease used in high temperature applications and will handle the heat and make unscrewing those thumb screws a piece of cake.

I am the owner of a PF100 furnace and a P38 pellet stove.

I use permatex antisieze but I’ve never played around with the Teflon. I clean around 15-20 stoves a week so that’s a handy idea I might try. I never like lubricating the blades, even if they have surface rust because oil catches more dirt but a dry spray might be the ticket. How many seasons have you tried this?

Reactions: JerseyJeff
I use permatex antisieze but I’ve never played around with the Teflon. I clean around 15-20 stoves a week so that’s a handy idea I might try. I never like lubricating the blades, even if they have surface rust because oil catches more dirt but a dry spray might be the ticket. How many seasons have you tried this?

I have been doing this for 2 seasons after I had to change a warped fan blade on my PF100. I first treated it brand new and then again during the off-season when I do my very thorough cleaning.
When I cleaned it, I noticed I still had Teflon on the blades so it stuck for the entire season.

I've already used the anti-seize stuff on the sticky screws but did not think to put teflon on the fan blades, brilliant idea! I just ordered a new combustion fan and will be coating it before installing. Thanks for the tip!