A craigslist score that DELIVERED!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iskiatomic

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 15, 2008
Central CT
Yesterday afternoon, cruising CL found a post of a guy that had a trailer loaded with wood that he needed to get rid of. Doug made the call, the guy says I'll be over in 90 minutes. Nothing real huge, 4-10 inch stuff. Needs to be bucked up. The kicker is, he's got more, and some "good" size stuff. Did I mention he delivers?

This was Maple and White Oak.

KC

Attachments

• Cl score 006.jpg
    Cl score 006.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 611
  • Cl score 005.jpg
    Cl score 005.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 625
Can't tell... what is it?

iskiatomic said:
This was Maple and White Oak.
Will he cut to specified length? j/k

Sure beats the ads for free firewood that turns out to be a standing dead tree that you need to cut down, clear away all limbs, and show proof of insurance.

Sweet...must be nice to come home to a pile free delivered wood.

Will he cut to specified length? j/k

I am OK with it being delivered.

There is soooooooooo much wood around here after the storm, it's just nuts!

Watch what you wish for!

KC

Now if he just bucks , splits and stack your in !!!!!!!!

Cut, split and stack the maple, it might be ready next year.
Put the white oak in the will for the grandkids. :)

KC you just stepped in sh!t with both feet! I would love to have your situation!

Ray

I can't believe he didn't cut splut and stack it too!! People these days are so lazy.

Very nice.

KC you just stepped in sh!t with both feet! I would love to have your situation!

It's not my situation. It is my buddy Doug in CT. I am 5+ years ahead. Trying to get him to half of that now. If he could just get up at the crack of stupid like I do we could get more done. LOL

KC

I also forgot to mention a load that was dropped Thurday pm at Dougs. All white oak, 24 DBH, will equate to 2/3 a cord. I know, I know pics or it didn't happen. Soon!

KC

You guys have to feel pretty darned good about all this wood.

It's an ill wind that doesn't blow someone some good.

That is a super-duper thing, KC. I sure hope the guy who brought you that finds a case of his favorite beverage (or equivalent) in his trailer. Sweet!

I am jealous. I can never even find a good craigslist free wood find that I can go and pick up. Getting it delivered. Awesome. Nice score.

The good stuff & delivered.
As usual I bet he don't ship or deliver to Alaska. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.