A final couple fires...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bmwloco

Hearth Supporter
Jan 17, 2008
Asheville NC
Alas, it looks like I'll be enjoying the final few fires in my old VC Resolute soon.

We'll have temps in the low 30's the next few nights, so the stove will be hot. Breton, our 17 year old chocolate lab will appreciate that.

But it'll all change soon. My wife has been accepted into a nurse anesthetist program in Charlotte NC. We'll be leaving the mountains
for the flat lands and the big city for the next year.

We'll be renting our house. The stoves will stay; the VC Resolute in the living room, the VC Intrepid in the garage. Hopefully, when we
return in 3 years, they'll be in good shape and ready. I plan on spending time with the renters and showing them the proper operation.

I'll miss 'em. And all the oak and locust I've got laid in and dry.

We'll be in student slum housing at the hospital. I suspect I'll just suffice by escaping to the mountains as often as possible.

bmwloco said:
I'll miss 'em. And all the oak and locust I've got laid in and dry.
I hope your renters don't clean you out of all that seasoned wood and not replace it.

We still put a fire on in the evenings. They're calling for about 8 inches of snow this weekend so it looks like we'll be burning for a while yet.

Ya, lots of snow in parts of Michigan. As of early morning the most I got a report on was 18.8" Here we had some rain showers this afternoon that also had snow in them but nothing stuck. Our stove is keeping us warm yet. A warmup coming for the weekend though sounds great.

I am sitting here and it is 70 in the house and my hands and feet are cold. I am glancing at the cold stove. Now I understand why all those old people's houses I used to go into were so hot. Old is cold!

BrotherBart said:
I am sitting here and it is 70 in the house and my hands and feet are cold. I am glancing at the cold stove. Now I understand why all those old people's houses I used to go into were so hot. Old is cold!

Great . . .my wife and I are in our thirties. She's going to need a nuke stove by the time she's 60 :cheese:

myzamboni said:
BrotherBart said:

Great . . .my wife and I are in our thirties. She's going to need a nuke stove by the time she's 60 :cheese:

You need to feed her some rich food,,,fatten her up a little,,,she`ll warm right up,,,or wait for menopause.

ml said:
You need to feed her some rich food,,,fatten her up a little,,,she`ll warm right up,,,or wait for menopause.

Neither one works. :coolsmirk:

I hope that all works out well for you and the wife in her nursing program.

Status
Not open for further replies.