A glimpse of the firewood factory.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quads

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Central Sands, Wisconsin
Video of a dead black oak coming down:

With the tire chains, the ATV never spins at all anymore. And, I raised the platform of the sled so that it rides 4 inches higher than it was before. Makes a BIG difference. Now the snow goes under it much better, instead of piling up in front of the of the wood and making a snowball around the hitch. Pulls a lot easier:
IMG_0665%20(1024x768).jpg

Looks good Quads. I like the design - I'm thinking about using your design for a snow trailer for my ATV. I wheelbarrow about 2 weeks of wood from barn to garage every two weeks - about 12 trips or so. Not a huge PITA, but.......wouldn't mind making it easier. I might need wheels though - otherwise, I'd have to lug the wood about 20 feet to the stacking area from the sled. I'll have to think about this. Cheers!

NH_Wood said:
Looks good Quads. I like the design - I'm thinking about using your design for a snow trailer for my ATV. I wheelbarrow about 2 weeks of wood from barn to garage every two weeks - about 12 trips or so. Not a huge PITA, but.......wouldn't mind making it easier. I might need wheels though - otherwise, I'd have to lug the wood about 20 feet to the stacking area from the sled. I'll have to think about this. Cheers!
Years ago I bought a little trailer from Harbor Freight for about $100. It's the trailer I use for hauling wood in the summer. It came as a kit that I put together and added my own lumber. I'm sure they cost more than that now, but as far as I know, Harbor Freight still carries them. You might want to check that out.

Quads got a sun roof in his factory . Can't beat that !

like the picture of the maul in the backround classic.

Quads, I couldn't see who or what was running the chainsaw, or have you taught that thing to cut trees for you by itself while you take pictures? :cheese:

tfdchief said:
Quads, I couldn't see who or what was running the chainsaw, or have you taught that thing to cut trees for you by itself while you take pictures? :cheese:
It's a 'PRO' saw! It knows what to do.... HA!

Quads, I'd love to be there and give you a hand for a day or so. We'd make the wood fly!

NH_Wood said:

You might be surprised. Sliding that thing on only 20' of dry ground to the snow covered ground should be no problem.

Backwoods Savage said:
Quads, I'd love to be there and give you a hand for a day or so. We'd make the wood fly!
That would be fun! I'm usually all alone in the woods. Although, I have had more company this year than ever before. Mrs. Quads has come out fairly often, and I have had an old buddy join me a few times because he wanted to get some exercise. Otherwise, it's just me and the curious critters.

quads' maul is like the bunny with Playboy covers. It is hiding somewhere in every pic.

BrotherBart said:
quads' maul is like the bunny with Playboy covers. It is hiding somewhere in every pic.

All kind of entertainment around here :zip:

BrotherBart said:
HAHA! Yes, yes it is.....like a cherished member of the family. (or Where's Waldo, whichever) :)

I'm wondering how I could put our splitter on top of the split pile this year when we are done, like quads would. Maybe quads will come over and help move it?

Hey, Jake found Waldo!

Sure Dennis, I'd come and help you put that splitter on top of the pile. Do you have a neighbor close by with a loader tractor?

No problem quads. :lol:

I really like how that tree just fell over with the sound of the saw. You must have some serious mojo going on!

Yup, those trees know better than to mess with me and my mojo!

quads said:
tfdchief said:

Feather the trigger and it makes furniture,

smokinjay said:
quads said:
tfdchief said:

Feather the trigger and it makes furniture,
;-)

I do love those 026/260s though!

Status
Not open for further replies.