A Good Reason NOT To Light The Sove Yesterday!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

soupy1957

Minister of Fire
Jan 8, 2010
Connecticut
www.youtube.com
Wood stove sat silent yesterday...............busy day here..........had the great honor of being the one to "pin-n-punch my Son-In-Law into his new rank as Captain!!

Thats a great reason. Tell him congrats, and thank you.

No reason there to keep the wood stove silent but congratulations to your son-in-law!

Do you know if that is typical for when a soldier makes rank?

We don't have anything nearly as elaborate (Air Force). O3 is a fairly easy rank to achieve for the AF officers. It's based on time in grade/time in service. No testing or board until O4 (Major). More or less the same as E4 for us enlisted peoples.

NATE379 said:
Do you know if that is typical for when a soldier makes rank?

We don't have anything nearly as elaborate (Air Force). O3 is a fairly easy rank to achieve for the AF officers. It's based on time in grade/time in service. No testing or board until O4 (Major). More or less the same as E4 for us enlisted peoples.

Do I know if WHAT is "typical?"

-Soupy1957

The whole ceromony. When we make rank, other than the more higher ranks, it's a simple handshake by the commander and that's about it.

Well, to be totally honest, I wasn't really sure WHAT to expect. It was a bit more Pomp & Circumstance I suppose. Perhaps that's due to it being a move to Captain. Not sure. I was just really blessed to have been given the chance to do the "pinning." Didn't know whether that was permissible or not, but apparently so.

-Soupy1957

Status
Not open for further replies.