A happy hearth.com member, makes me feel good.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

golfandwoodnut

Minister of Fire
A hearth.com member in Pittsburgh emailed me that they were in need of some dry wood as their wood sizzled and would not get over 250 degrees. They are officially my first customer, since I really had no intention of selling any wood. It feels good to help.

j&sclydesdale; wrote:
Greg,
The wood has been buring great, our temps are up and the wood seems to be burning alot longer then the wet wood we have. I think it will be gone in a few weeks, so not sure what we will do after that.

I wanted to thank your for your time and helpful hits. We really appreciate it.
Thanks
Sam

GolfandWoodNut said:
A hearth.com member in Pittsburgh emailed me that they were in need of some dry wood as their wood sizzled and would not get over 250 degrees. They are officially my first customer, since I really had no intention of selling any wood. It feels good to help.

j&sclydesdale; wrote:
Greg,
The wood has been buring great, our temps are up and the wood seems to be burning alot longer then the wet wood we have. I think it will be gone in a few weeks, so not sure what we will do after that.

Thanks
Sam

Ah I see . . . you beat J&Sclydesdale; into submission . . . told them to only burn seasoned wood and kept hitting them until they agreed to never, ever burn unseasoned wood ever again. ;) :)

GolfandWoodNut said:

j&sclydesdale; wrote:
Greg,

Thanks
Sam

Nice !

zap

firefighterjake said:
GolfandWoodNut said:

j&sclydesdale; wrote:
Greg,

Thanks
Sam

Ah I see . . . you beat J&Sclydesdale; into submission . . . told them to only burn seasoned wood and kept hitting them until they agreed to never, ever burn unseasoned wood ever again. ;) :)

You are a good proof reader, I don't remember hitting anything. Oh that was right, I did split a few pieces with the Fiskars to check the Moisture content.

Golf, that is great when you can help out a fellow member. You have a right to feel good over that.

I have two friends now who are burning (new)... I just wish that I had enough ready to burn wood to share with them (and not force myself into the wet pile). Best I can do is a couple armfuls for now to 'tease' them so they can perhaps gain an appreciation of why it is worth getting ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.