A little land clearning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skier76

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Apr 14, 2009
CT and SoVT
We've been clearing a lot of smaller trees off the back part of our yard over the past few weeks. Before we bought this place, it was empty for a bit, then rented. People took care of it, but let some things grow a bit. Both of our neighbors have expressed interest in doing the same, so it's going to look really nice once it's all done.

Just a few pics of some trees I took down today....nothing crazy. However, the amount of sun and air that gets in there now is unreal. What a nice difference. Oh, and this really helps with bugs.

Attachments

• IMG_2971.jpg
    IMG_2971.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 470
  • IMG_2972.jpg
    IMG_2972.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 454
  • IMG_2973.jpg
    IMG_2973.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 447
Looks like you have a nice supply there.

I actually got a decent amount of wood out of those once I bucked them all up. I'll drag the branches up to the big pile in the back. Those will be used for the fire pit next season. When things slow down in the fall, I'll process those.

Looks great Skier

I like it when you can look into the woods and not just the front of them. Especially when you have nice terrain in there to look at like you do.

Billy

Thanks! We're going to take some more smaller trees down this weekend. I'll get some better pics.

Skier, that would be good if your neighbors decide to do some clearing and you get the wood! That also is a nice looking sawbuck you have.

Thanks for reminding me Skier. I had forgotten about that. My memory is getting to be pretty bad.

Not at all! I have trouble keeping up here at times. The forum moves fast some days.

Status
Not open for further replies.