and just another Tree ID needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Garbanzo62

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2022
Connecticut
Had a Hugh Dead ash come down on Friday Night. It landed on my neighbors yard, (almost on property line) but they said I could have it. It took out a few Smaller Trees in the process. Need help identifying this one.

IMG_0472[1].JPG IMG_0479[1].PNG

I want to say hickory. How about a picture of the buds?
It does vaguely look like Hickory but you never know about those yard trees, could be cultivars put in by owner or landscaper.
Weird that any buds are coming this early, but I'm not really a bud guru. And are the buds on the round in question, or another nearby plant?

You can’t see any buds in those pictures. The buds are dormant this time of year but you can still use them to ID a tree. A closeup of the ones on the tip of a twig are best.

Does it havbe long stringly flowers every year?. Looks like Catalpa

Bark resembles mocker nut.

Reactions: CincyBurner
+1 for hickory (and as gzeec said bark looks like mockernut hickory)
Pictures of buds should clinch it .