A little perspective

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution: you can turn it off.

Also, you think we only have serial killers now? Pfft. We only started catching them in the 20th century. Through history, you find some horrible crime scene...it was a werewolf or a vampire or a witch that done it. Mob up, go stake or burn the weirdest guy/gal in town and call it a day.

As a certified weirdo myself, I think that's some progress! ;lol

I have no accounts on the internet except for 3 or 4 forums. NONE. My phone only makes calls, no text or anything else. I am so far disconnected it is funny to everyone I know and I deal with. I run a million dollar a year company, 40 hrs a week, no weekends or nites. Do not like it call someone else. You can control your own life.

Reactions: Ehouse
And why are civil rights and freedoms not on the list? 80 years ago 20% of the population couldn't stay in a hotel, eat in many restaurants, or dare be caught in many small towns after dark. Heck, women couldn't get credit cards without their husbands or fathers signature until 1973. I'd call those noteworthy improvements compared to just about anything on the list.

Mostly because our civil rights have diminished greatly of late.

I dunno, there are a lot of flip-sides to a lot of these. You can tell it was written by an economist. Hate to be a downer but if you're an endangered species you might not think a lot of these things are for the better. A random example: "22. According to the Census Bureau, the average new home now has more bathrooms than occupants." Is that really something to be proud of? Really?

It helps in the "your chit don't stink" (as badly) department. I'd call that a higher place than sharing one stinkpot.

true, but the people stuck together. Today it is all about me and if I don't like it I kill you or maybe I kill you for fun
Murder rate is very low compared to the past several decades. Read "In cold Blood" for a little perspective on murdering for fun in the good old days.

Murder rate is very low compared to the past several decades. Read "In cold Blood" for a little perspective on murdering for fun in the good old days.

True, the overall level of violence has dropped slightly over the last century.

Status
Not open for further replies.