A little work on a nice day

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

boisblancboy

Hearth Supporter
Apr 26, 2009
Northern Michigan
Well today started out at about 10 degrees when I woke up. Turned out to be a great day, crystal clear blue sky and warmed up to about 20 degrees. So I thought I should go out and enjoy the weather and try to get some wood stocked up for next year. I cut all this from standing trees(all maple) and had it loaded up in just over two hours. Just thought I would post it up. My poor truck was loaded right down. You can see it but its also got a Boss plow on the front.

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 380
Nice 2 hour job!

Good job! It's a nice feeling to be thinking ahead for next year's wood.

Nice load of wood.
Split it soon, frozen wood splits easier.
Nice looking wood too. Should split nice & be seasoned by next fall.
Don't tell anybody you had fun doing it :)

patch53 said:
Yup, enough to heat the house for a week or so I would think. What is that? Looks like soft maple w/ that big heart.

Pat

That should heat my house for about 2 weeks. Its all sugar maple.

bogydave said:
Nice load of wood.

Yeah I will have it all split pretty soon. Normally I split it right out in the field, but since my splitter has TWO flat tires I had to bring the wood home in blocks. Im sending my tires in to have tubes put in.

Haha, no kidding, if I tell my wife i had a great time doing wood I think she might be jealous, lol.

boisblancboy said:
bogydave said:
Nice load of wood.

d, but since my splitter has TWO flat tires I had to bring the wood home in blocks. Im sending my tires in to have tubes put in.

If I had a splitter, I might foam the tires, flats thing of the past then. Hate to have to leave it somewhere to go get a tire fixed.

Good job boisblancboy. It really makes me wonder though, where is all your snow?

Status
Not open for further replies.