A newbie's take on Green Supreme

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RKS130

Minister of Fire
Oct 14, 2011
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
This is my first year with pellets and I have tried whatever I could get my hands on. A week or so ago the local HD stocked up with Green Supreme, so of course I bought some to try.

They say they have plants in New Hampshire and New York so I assume (but do not know) that mine came from the NY plant.

Mybe it is just this batch or maybe my inexperience, but I love them. Second only to the Great Americans I have burned they are clean, low ash, with minimal fines and great heat. My stove loves them.

I have been dragging them home 10 bags at a time as fast as I can at $4.84/bag. If I could transport a ton I would at $209, but it still cheaper to bring them home myself rather than pay the delivery charge,

just rent the truck from HD and pick up 2 tons then it only costs you $10.00 delivery per ton you can also go to the post office and ask for a change of address for and the coupon book and you can use the lowes coupon for 10% off and delivery is free and you save even more money just a thought

Thanls Glen. I've been wondering where everyone was getting the 10% coupon for Lowes!

10% coupon can be found at the post office in the movers pack. Not all are 10% some are $25.00 off of $250.00 so you need to purchase more pellets or something to go with the ton of fuel to make up the difference.

Peoples opinions on pellets very. Mostly because we compare each brand to the best of we have burned. Many compare brands to Barefoots, Hamers, Okies and so on(many more out there). So once you find something that tickles your fancy your standards might get set a tick higher and you'll expect the others to compete. We all want the best for the least amount spent.

Greene Supreme's/NEWP may not be topshelf to some, But as long as your scoring them for a decent price and they are burning well for you is all that matters.

As always, Jay, thanks for the perspective. You are completely on target as, with more experience with more brands of pellets I have been subconsciously ranking them. So far, from best to worst in my house and in my stove I view it this way:

Great American
Green Supreme
Premier Pellet
Cubex
AWF
Pennington Nature's Heat

Status
Not open for further replies.