A pretty meh kind of weekend.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Vikestand

Feeling the Heat
Oct 29, 2014
Missurah
Finally got around to using the Alaskian Sawmill. Pretty fun, and hopefully will have a few new mantels in the house. Unfortunately made a costly mistake when I was trying to put the glass back on my door, after replacing the rope.

IMG_1642.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1644.jpg
    IMG_1644.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_1648.jpg
    IMG_1648.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 197
  • InkedIMG_1647_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_1647_LI.jpg
    898.4 KB · Views: 201
Vikestand...can you imagine cutting all the lumber for a house with that set up....pretty cool though. Is that a tornado blown tree. I see your from the show me.

Vikestand...can you imagine cutting all the lumber for a house with that set up....pretty cool though. Is that a tornado blown tree. I see your from the show me.

Hell no! It was a lot of work with modern tools like that.

That tree was a 100+ year old Mulberry tree. It used to have two other sections that split at ground level. One fell when I was about 10 years old. Then the other half of this one came down about 4 years ago. This one cam down a year ago. It was my favorite tree. Killed a lot of squirrels out of it as a kid and even now as an adult.

I used pieces from it to make a few turkey pot calls. Going to make mantels out of these and maybe a kitchen island if I get around to it lol

just remember, ceramic glass for the stove

just remember, ceramic glass for the stove
I bought the glass from a woodstove provider. Should be here today, just in time to get it in before the cold front fires through.

Reactions: kennyp2339
Got it fixed last night and first break in fire. Just in time for this damp damp cold day.