A question for Pennsyltucky Chris or anyone else around Allentown, PA.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PA. Woodsman

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 26, 2007
Emmaus, Pennsylvania
Just got off the phone with a friend of mine whom I haven't spoken to in years; he's had some bad luck with being in a car accident, his wife had several strokes etc., and while he has wood in rounds he knows it isn't seasoned, and was wondering if I knew of anyone in the Allentown, PA. area that by some miracle had dry wood. I know in the similar thread about Chadds Ford, PA. Pennsyltucky Chris said that he knew of a fella in Quakertown-Chris, can you post his information and phone on here or send me a private message please? Or anyone else that is in our area that knows of someone please let me know; he just really got behind the 8 ball with all of his issues, and I don't have any to give him or I would. He's just looking for some to get through the next month and a half or so, then he'll split and be okay for next Winter.

Thanks all!

My guy is out. He only sells seasoned wood, minimum of 12 months, most of it was from 2012. He refuses to sell it before the 12 month mark. His last batch of 12 month wood came out on Jan 27, I called the 28th, he was already out. It's a shame because it's high quality and good wood. I was splitting his white oak and getting 16-18% on my MM.

I apologize. Myself, I'm down to my last cord and a half. I'm starting to scramble but everybody who claims seasoned wood, say the split it on demand. :mad:

On the plus side, he re-advertises when his wood is seasoned. He will moisture meter it right in front of you. I will post immediately when his ad comes back up. Your friend will have to act fast. Over the summer its one thing, but finding actual seasoned wood now is next to impossible.

*I know 12 months isn't considered "seasoned" by many around here, but I've yet to MM an oak split and get higher than an 18 and change. His Ash and Hickory is also well under 20. He owns a tree service and he knows his firewood, and he knows his scammers. He's an honest guy. So, again, I'll post as soon as I hear back from him.

Reactions: PA. Woodsman
No problem Chris, I appreciate the info. I told my friend that it's very hard if not impossible to get any seasoned wood right now, but that I saw your post a bit ago so I'd try.

I also told him to try Solid Fuels, I see them advertised quite a bit and they "claim" to have seasoned wood, but he'll have to try it for himself.

Maybe someone else on here by some miracle knows of someone but I doubt it; if so, please chime in!

Thanks !

Last edited:
I told my neighbor to do the same thing. He's been scrounging with me since August, and I'd say we both got around 4 cords, Some of mine is split and stacked, some of it is still in rounds, but all of his is burned. I keep warning him about chimney fires, but he ain't gonna learn till his roof goes up. I can't teach him. I said bio bricks now, our scrounges (mostly Ash and Silver Maple) will be ready for next year. I'm not being heard.

Central NJ is probably too far (08525) but I have some dry wood I would part with.

Status
Not open for further replies.