A real confidence killer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I quess you lowered the takers when you sharpened your chain? Thats the only way they will get lower. Sounds like you did. Or you just started with another chain that had less wear?

When I fitted the newly profiled chain and saw how much better it was "grabbing/biting", I checked the raker height and noticed that it was lower than I usually file them with the 2-in-1 sharpener. I now make sure they are at the right height everytime I sharpen the chain. I am aware that a too low raker height can result in kick back, so I am a bit more careful now.

I am aware that a too low raker height can result in kick back, so I am a bit more careful now

It can also cause excess vibration.

Status
Not open for further replies.