A real test for the multi-fuelers.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, we can get Marth animal bedding pellets around here.
It really doesn't make sense they're about the same price as fuel pellets also.
although with Marth there prolly ain't a difference between the two ?

smoke show said:
......although with Marth there prolly ain't a difference between the two ?

I burned some bags of Marth last winter, and had good results. Good heat, not too ashy.

Back when I first started burning pellets with my quad, There was a pellet shortage and we burned what we could find. I burned some bedding pellets until a local agway brought some pellets in from out west. The softwoods burned nice, But were loaded with fines. The hardwood blends were ok. More ash and fines. I would burn them if I had to.

Don't know why there not cheaper than a stove pellet?

Burn 'em if you got 'em is my motto! Lots of ash with bedding pellets, dog and horse food tend to really black up the window quick. Now rabbit food is another story, along with soy and kidney beans. Move on, nothing to see here, just a guy dumpster diving behind the LandOLakes plant....

Status
Not open for further replies.