1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

A really pleasant day

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Backwoods Savage, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Yesterday started foggy but then the fog lifted and the sun came out. It warmed. Really warmed! Got up to 50 degrees and very little wind. Just a joy to be outdoors.

Then in the afternoon we had a really nice visit. One Pallet Pete and A C came up our driveway and we had a really nice visit. I had met Pete several times but this was the first time to meet A C (Amateur Cutter).

So I have been blessed many times in meeting other members of hearth.com. We've made 2 eastern trips and met several folks so have many happy memories. So now we have one more to add. Thanks for coming over Pete and Amateur Cutter.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. PapaDave

PapaDave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern MI - in the mitten
    Did ya' teach 'em how to split the right way?
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  3. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

It was good to see ya Dennis !

Dave ya jerk I dont have a big splitter ;lol and I cant swing an axe from Dennis milk crate! I have small splitter complex ;em

Pete
    PapaDave and Backwoods Savage like this.
  4. Jack Straw

Jack Straw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Schoharie County, N Y
    You may want to look for your milk crate..........
  5. JOHN BOY

JOHN BOY Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Western Mountains ,NC
    Dennis is probably got out the camoflouged milk crate riffle season begun in most states;)
  6. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Hope to make it up there one day Dennis.

We plan on having a GTG this Spring and are still looking for a place to have it. :) Would love for it to be close enough for you and your Wife to come out .

Sounds like a Good time was had by all.

(Hey Pete, how is that 034 Super runnin? AC that was a Solid thing to do. Great people here)
  7. amateur cutter

amateur cutter Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West Michigan
    The visit with Dennis & Judy was a real highlight for sure. Pete & I had a great day goofing off together as well. It was absolutely great to meet other forum members, & find out they're just as down to earth & kind as they seem on the screen, maybe even more so.

I think we need to raffle or auction off Dennis' crate here on the forum & give the proceeds to charity. A C
  8. amateur cutter

Loc:
    West Michigan
    Dex, that saw was nothing special, just tryin to help a friend out. Oh yea, & get him to think outside the Echo box a little too.;)
  9. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan

Dexter, keep in touch on this.
  10. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

It makes my old worn out Poulan 46cc look like a piece of crap. I had it out the other day to race a buddy and see how it did next to his 460 Husky I lost by 3 seconds so not bad at all for an old saw.

Pete
  11. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Absolutely.

After owning a 455 Rancher (5cc smaller) and running an older 034, I would like to think that his chain was slightly sharper :( That's my guess anyways. I dont care if the 034 is old. Its a Stihl. Nuff said ;)
  12. amateur cutter

Loc:
    West Michigan
    Ummmmm...... That's simply not acceptable, next time we meet I WILL make that saw outrun that 460, or die trying. A C
  13. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

It is most likely operator error lol. I have not really tuned it yet because it was running fine from you.

Pete
  14. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

Actually AC now that I think about it I was running the old chain on it and he had a pretty new one. I think I will call bill and do that again with two new chains then we will see.

Pete
  15. rdust

rdust Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Sounds like a great time! Meeting Dennis and Judy was a joy for my wife and I a while back. :)
    Pallet Pete and Backwoods Savage like this.