A SIMPLE THANK YOU TO THE ENTIRE FORUM....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodButcher80

Feeling the Heat
well, as i type this, im looking outside at -3 degrees on my thermometer - not including the wind chill - and me and the lady are sitting pretty at 73 degrees in the furthest room from the insert....

all because of people like you who took the time to help out when i had installation questions. and a special thanks to the people who didnt even know they helped as i trampled on your old post from years past. . .

though i just bought heating oil at 1.99$ a gallon for backup heat to last me a few years, its nice to know im getting free heat right now!

thanks again .

Kewl. Good to hear all's comfy in Ohio. Wood heat is hard to beat.

I'm also using some of my more expensive oil to augment my wood heat. Then I'll buy some of the cheaper stuff to sit on also. Just hope the prices don't go crazy before I empty enough oil from the tank. Will be around 27 degrees overnight so am using some of the oak I've set aside. Yes, wood heat keeps us cozy.

I agree Woodbutcher . . . the advice from good folks here in selecting a woodstove, building a hearth, properly installing the woodstove, maintaining the woodstove, etc. is truly welcome . . . and waking up to a home in the 70s when it is -20 degrees outside and then realizing I never head the oil boiler come on once during the night whereas before it would run constantly really gives a person a good feeling . . . so thanks from FFJake as well . . . your advice offered was much appreciated.

Glad that all went well with yer install. Take some more pics if'n ya would of the stove in action...........

heres a few of damper cutout and blockoff plate install with kaowool on top(before edges were sealed) .

Attachments

• IMG_1239 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1239 (Large).JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 375
  • IMG_1242 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1242 (Large).JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_1298 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1298 (Large).JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 376
and done!

Attachments

• IMG_1333 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1333 (Large).JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG_1371 (Large).jpg
    IMG_1371 (Large).jpg
    112 KB · Views: 426
WoodButcher80: Are you burining wood or coal?

still got some maple left, will last me for about 2 weeks. -2 degrees right now . switchin to cite soon thereafter. 110% pure anthracite coal , no shwag bit coal . . . only pure black PA gold baby! goin from wood to coal is like running uphill and then walking the down the other side . . wood is tremendously hard work and is an absolute science and have loved it and the lifestyle it requires for many years, but man, coal is like cruise control. .. which is nice, but not as fun as wood!!! no picturesque sight and nice smell either... just black stuff baking. :)

I'm down between Marion and Delaware. Right now the temp is about -11, last night was about -20, according to NOAA's reading at the Marion Airport.

I'm feeling the same way. It's nice knowing that the house is warm, and the propane furnace is only on standby and not active duty. It didn't kick on once last night.

-SF

Lookin' good, WoodButcher80. Bet yer happy as a clam....................

thanks woodmann ! happy as a pig in sh** ! and its my first home too and i moved into it in june , and went to the back yard with my saw and split up a cord of wood, so it was free. cant wait to buck up some more this spring!

WoodButcher80 said:
thanks woodmann ! happy as a pig in sh** ! and its my first home too and i moved into it in june , and went to the back yard with my saw and split up a cord of wood, so it was free. cant wait to buck up some more this spring!

Looking nice and toasty there! Love that old copper wood storage pot too!

Ray

raybonz said:

Ray

thats an antique i got from my mom, its real copper. she said its 50 or so years old. the other side has that bluish copper stain forming... i need to find a way to clean it. . . any sugg?

WoodButcher80 said:
raybonz said:

Ray

thats an antique i got from my mom, its real copper. she said its 50 or so years old. the other side has that bluish copper stain forming... i need to find a way to clean it. . . any sugg?

I like the green... is called patina... u can use brasso and it will shine..

Ray

well , i looked brasso up, im gonna get some just to clean up some dvd with scratches! however, i like the dull copper finish i have now on the nice side, and am worries brasso will make it shine and glossy. i dont want that. one site said salt, vinegar and flour to form a paste and let it sit on it for an hour, then wipe off. ill try that first i think.

WoodButcher80 said:
well , i looked brasso up, im gonna get some just to clean up some dvd with scratches! however, i like the dull copper finish i have now on the nice side, and am worries brasso will make it shine and glossy. i dont want that. one site said salt, vinegar and flour to form a paste and let it sit on it for an hour, then wipe off. ill try that first i think.

If you decide to use Brasso Walmart sells it inexpensively..

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.