A Snowless Winter Is Good For One Thing...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

velvetfoot

Minister of Fire
Dec 5, 2005
Sand Lake, NY
...processing wood.
I got around 7 cords from this load. Hard to calculate with slope of ground, etc.
Plus, added maybe 1/3 of the front pile (2/3 was there before).

Log picture from 1/13/12. Finished 2/20/12.

Whew. But don't have to hassle with the black flies this year.

Attachments

• 2012-01-13 09.57.21.jpg
    2012-01-13 09.57.21.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 498
  • IMGP1297.jpg
    IMGP1297.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 546
That is some nice work. Yes, starving those black flies will be good! No swatting of skeeters either.

Well, that's gotta feel good. Nice job on a boatload of work! Warm winters in your future, fer sure. Rick

Beautiful stacks !! :)
When will this wood be ready to burn?
What type of wood? looks like a mix.
Most of us know how much work is in 7 cords CSS, Good job!
Nice sloping angle with the cross stacked ends. Looks pretty stable.
You are tall or used a ladder, the stack on the right looks 7' tall . LOL :)

Thanks guys.

I hate those black flies. I was wearing long sleeves and a head net in beastly hot weather (for upstate NY) last summer.

I'm not quite 5'11'. The ground is sloped, but I did put them up there. Hopefully, it all stays vertical. :)
I plan on periodic tuneups with a tamper.

I have no idea what's in there. It's a mix for sure. There were several big white birch logs. It'll be at least a couple of years.

It feels good to finish, but my wife has the next project in mind, which won't be as enjoyable as this was.

Real nice job! Seven cord in 5 weeks is a good amount of work! Nice looking stacks and nice looking property. Cheers!

Thanks.

I would get a couple of hours in after work with a head lamp, always thinking, "it might snow, have to try to get as much done as possible". Then, it never snowed!

Nice looking stacks - the sloping ends help make 'em more stable. Lots of work done- good job!

Nice looking wood stacks VF.

zap

Yes, you have some nice stacks and future btu's there!

Status
Not open for further replies.