a wall-hugging stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ericj

Oct 9, 2010
Iowa
I realized tonight that a wall-hugging stove would be ideal. It wouldn't take up too much of our precious room space. I'd have to give up the n/s burning I'm sure. What brands have stoves that are relatively shallow and have close clearances? A stove that can sit close to the wall, plus isn't very deep would stick out into the room the least. I'm looking for a 2-3 cubic foot firebox. Thanks

The Lopi Endeavor, which I have, can go as close as 4 1/4" to an unprotected surface if you use listed, approved double wall connector pipe. That's from the back of the stove to the wall, not the back heat shield to the wall, too. Ours is about 5 1/4" from the wall. The firebox is as deep as it is wide, and will take an 18" log NS or EW. It has 2.2 cubic feet, and it will hold a good bed of coals after 8 or 9 hours using seasoned hardwoods. It also features a bypass damper, which allows you to "bypass" the baffle during start ups, reloads, and flue cleaning. Not a make or break feature for some, but by jingos it sure is handy.

I think the Quadrafire 4300 has similar or even a bit lower rear clearance (4" maybe?), so look at them, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.