a wheel deal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toonces

Nov 7, 2011
Farmington Valley, CT
i called a property company regarding a lot they were developing close to where i work. tree guys had been cutting there and piling up the wood so i thought i'd give it a shot. ended up with the site supervisor's name and talked to him one morning. turns out he was involved in BMX racing and needed a set of wheels built. i needed firewood so...

wood15.jpg

barely had a chance to get out there and see what he dropped off when the neighbor's splitter appeared. i hope i get a chance to use that thing this time!

i'm thinking i know a lot of very nice people (just a hunch).

wood16.jpgwood17.jpgwood18.jpgwheels.jpg

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
nothing wrong w/ a fair trade at all. Well done.

Good deal, what did you get, hickory and maple?

Nice deal, toonces! I have a wheel vise too! Used to race MTB'S and dabbled a little in road racing too. Built my own wheels for my bikes. I enjoy building wheels. I think you did alright!

That really turned out to be a super deal. Both parties are happy and that is hard to beat.

Reactions: amateur cutter
Status
Not open for further replies.