ACC timer on Quadra Fire 7100

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am starting a new installation of a new old-dealer-stock (2004 model), Quadra-Fire 7100. I am checking all the parts to be sure they work correctly before I get too deep. The ACC (automatic combustion control) timer opens a small vent on the south side of the internal air channel. I have timed this at about an hour. Isn't this a long time? What have you other owners noticed for time?

Anybody ever have any problems with this? Or, ever use this feature with any noticeable increase in combustion? Anyone ever try replacing it with a direct actuating level to manually control this extra air vent, instead of relying on the timer?

Can you still buy parts for this unit?

Tell me your stories and tips, I need to know.

Thanks,
~F

I think the ACC on your stove is the same as my 2100. An hour does sound a little slow, but it's been sitting around unused for a lone time. Mine "ticks" for 45 minutes or so, but the vent is closed well before the timer is done. It might speed up a little with use. If all else fails, it a simple replacement item. On a free standing stove you can over-ride it via a control lever at the back of the stove, but that would be a little tough with the 7100 ;-)

60 minutes is about right. I do think it is a bit long. If I owned the unit I would probably only half way engage the start-up air timer.

The new 7100 units come with a bypass lever to close the start-up air manually (without jamming a screwdriver through the slots on the front like I usually do it).

You can order the bypass lever kit and install it, it does not look too difficult, I looked at the directions before although I have not done it yet.

farmfitz said:
Is there a parts telephone number?

Yeah... your dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.