Accentra 52i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalancheman

Jan 1, 2013
Southwest Missouri
Gentleman,

I have a new Harman Accentra 52i being installed in 9 days. I have a few minor questions that I need advise on. First off I sold my 14 year old EF-3 and will slide the Accentra into its spot. I currently have a 3 inch standard pellet double wall vent pipe installed. It’s about 20 feet in length up through the roof. Did I need to replace this with 4 inch pipe?

My second question if I install an OAK can I pull the air out of my attic instead of cutting another hole on my house? Our house has an 8/12 pitch roof with plenty of roof vents.

Thanks

The exhaust port on the harman is 4 inch. I wouldn't step it down, personally. Pulling air from the attic cavity isn't recommended. May run into code issues.

I just installed mine and have some info you and others may find useful. First, my stove was not painted very well. The face of the insert frame was painted, but not the section that sits in the fireplace. I just primed and painted that section. The cast iron pieces of the insert itself had quite a few areas of bare metal. I repainted the entire stove with the factory supplied paint-Bright Stove satin black. It's a new color for them and i used 2 cans #258H, full manufacturers #1A258H207 Forrest Paint Co. Second, the oak kit #1-00-574350 did not fit correctly where it attaches to the hopper body-it was 1/2" long. I bent the mounting tab straight and then re-bent it 1/2" closer to the main body, shortening it 1/2". It also was not painted, I painted it with high temp paint. Also, I used 1/4" bolts to hold the OAK bracket to the hopper. They supply TEK self drilling/self tapping screws that are sharp and enter the hopper-could cause a nasty cut. Third, I fabricated my own Rail Service Kit for about $25.00. Harman reportedly wants $500.00 for theirs. I just used 1-1/2" x 1/4" x 4' flat bar and made end support legs with some 2" x 4" wood pieces cut for my height hearth. Good luck and so far this is a great forum!

Check the manual. Usually 20' is the threshold to step up to a 4" pipe. If you do end up needing 4" and going to reline I would vent the flashing cap and draw OAK from the chase---This is shown in the manual.

exhaust nipple is 4".....don't step it down.......

OAK or not? matter of debate here.......

Status
Not open for further replies.