Accentra - chain jumped out of the sprocket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amaralluis

Hearth Supporter
Dec 14, 2005
I have my stove in manual mode and it was working when I left this morning and it was burning in maintenance mode.
When I got home the fire was out with six blinks.

I took the opurtunity and decided to do a cleaning.
I knew something was wrong when the feeder was moving when I touched it when I was scrapping the burnpot.
Finished cleaning it and opened the back and to my surprise the chain had jumped out of the sprocket.

I am wondering if the stove is falling victim to the gum disease?
The feeder works fine when I spun it and I didnt feel any resistance.
I have had clunks before and they would go away when I lubed the chain... but I used graphite lube and I think it dries too quick.
This time I used green lube used in bearings and stuff.
I've been keeping an eye on the stove and so far no clunking or slowdowns but I am worried.

Amaralluis said:
I have my stove in manual mode and it was working when I left this morning and it was burning in maintenance mode.

I knew something was wrong when the feeder was moving when I touched it when I was scrapping the burnpot.
Finished cleaning it and opened the back and to my surprise the chain had jumped out of the sprocket.

I have had clunks before and they would go away when I lubed the chain... but I used graphite lube and I think it dries too quick.
I've been keeping an eye on the stove and so far no clunking or slowdowns but I am worried.

There is lube made specifically for roller chain. I recommend it.

Amaralluis said:

pull out the slide plate and inspect it....does it have a brown sticky residue? If so, its most likely the dreaded "gummy stove" syndrome!

Status
Not open for further replies.