Accentra FS Distribution Blower Issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rstlouis

Nov 14, 2016
Pennsylvania
I have an 8 year old Accentra FS pellet stove. Last season the stove shut down by itself and a dealer rep determined the ignition blower was bad and it was replaced. Since then the distribution blower is no longer working. The distribution blower will turn on intermittently but only for a few seconds at a time. I suspect the blower is okay but whatever controls it, is not functioning properly. What controls the distribution blower....the mother board or the ESP? ESP is clean! Cost to have a dealer repair person is too costly and I can do the replacement myself.

upload_2016-11-17_9-8-7.png

This should apply to your Accentra. Hope it helps.

ESP would pick up temperature first and send that info to the board to trigger the blower. You can test the blower with an external power cord connected directly to the spade connectors. Always unplug first when working in the cabinet.

It could be the potentiometer on the board is failing (at the dist. blower knob). I'm sure the Harman owners will be along to give you a better idea...

Thanks, but I really don't think it's the blower itself as it will sporadically start spinning on it's own but will only lasts for a few seconds to a few minutes. The distribution blower doesn't look like it would be an issue to replace, but I hate to spend $200 on a new blower with the problem still existing. The mother board is about $210 and doesn't look difficult to replace either. If the potentiometer is part of the mother board, then the problem might be there.

ESP would pick up temperature first and send that info to the board to trigger the blower. You can test the blower with an external power cord connected directly to the spade connectors. Always unplug first when working in the cabinet.

It could be the potentiometer on the board is failing (at the dist. blower knob). I'm sure the Harman owners will be along to give you a better idea...
Seems like you're saying that, as I do, the issue could be the mother board! The blower itself seems to run well but whatever is controlling it is not functioning as well.

Lake Girl description is right.Also,do as she says,turn stove to test mode and see if blower stays running.Stove should be off when using test mode.If ok,try wiggling pots when stove is running.Also,keep in mind the accentra f/s blower can be purchased for less than half the stove shop prices from electronics places.

The pots are very inexpensive but the tricky part is removing from the board and resoldering. There are board repair services or likely you could have it repaired at an electronics repair. If you are planning on buying a new board, keep the old one and get it repaired for a back-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.