Accentra FS distribution blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AccentraRRT

Burning Hunk
Mar 1, 2014
Massachusetts
hi all,
I have a accentra FS purchases in 2014. I meticulously clean it (probably to often). A few days ago I noticed a horrible squeeling sound coming from the distribution blower. Turn fan speed up, it gets worse. Turn fan speed all the way down.. Nearly goes away. Shut stove down gave it a good clean, noticed the fan was a little tight to manually spin compared to the past.
I have searched the site for similar issues but only found the below as a accentra distribution blower but it is not the same as what I have and what my manual actually references as the distribution blower. Wondering if there is anyway to lubricate?? Or is it in need of replacement?
Fasco B47120 115 (All I've found info on, but not the piece)
What is actually the problem image.jpeg

There is no lubricating that motor, you will need a new blower. Check the internet for the best deal but, do not get an aftermarket blower.

I would call for warranty service since the stove is only 2 years old.

Just checked, two year warranty parts and labor on all factory installed blowers... I am coming up quick on my two year install date... I will call tomorrow first thing

Reactions: jackman
Just checked, two year warranty parts and labor on all factory installed blowers... I am coming up quick on my two year install date... I will call tomorrow first thing
I had a similar thing happen with a combustion blower on my Harman. Called the dealer and they installed a new one under warranty. Told me the newer motors are magnetic and not able to be oiled.

Status
Not open for further replies.