Accentra FS distribution fan wiring

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mousenut

Mar 22, 2008
Central PA
Help!

In my haste to determine why my stove popped a fuse last night, I forgot to take a picture of the wiring before removal. The fan runs with direct 110 applied to the lower terminals but I am not sure which wires go where now. I have a blue, red and white wire. The fan has three terminals, one top left, and two underneath along with the ground. I am thinking that this fan is the culprit as it blew another fuse in test mode but again, I am not sure if I have the wires plugged into the correct terminals. Any help will be greatly appreciated, the Missus is getting cold.

Thanks!

I have a copy of the wiring diagram from the manual and the one inside the stove. Neither one really says which wires go where.

IIRC

#1-White (power from CB)
#2-Blue or Black (bottom of rocker switch)
#3-Red (Top of rocker switch)

Delta-T - thanks for the quick reply.

if looking at the fan as it sits in the stove is it as follows?

Top left connector - White

Bottom left connector - Blue

Bottom right connector - Red

Sorry if I am being thick, really appreciate the help!

#1 bottom right
#2 bottom left
#3 top left

the whole blower is mounted upside down, thats why the numbers seem reversed. good luck

Thanks again.

As soon as the wifey gets me some fuses from the shack I'll know whether or not my fan is kaput.

most common thing I see to pop a fuse is the ignitor wires shorting. Did you recently drop the ignitor to clean it? If so, you may have gotten the wire caught under the ignitor bracket. If you set the ignitor switch on the CB to manual you'l take that out of the equation.

On one of the iginitor wires, the outer layer of insulation was frayed. I replaced the ignitor and the combustion blower and the it has been running without issue for the last 12 hours. It seems that the newer design Harman combustion blower with the single fan blade is at least 50% quieter that the double blade version.

Thanks for the help Delta-T!

Status
Not open for further replies.