Accentra Manual vs. Temp mode puzzler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peterfield

Minister of Fire
Dec 12, 2013
New Hampshire
I have been operating my 52i in temp mode since it was installed Nov 1. I thought I would try manual mode so I changed the mode, loaded up the stove, scraped the burn pot and cleaned the glass and went to bed. Today, I noticed the temperature of the house was the same as it has been so that mode certainly works. The puzzling part is the glass was still clean with no residue apparent and it appeared (didn't measure) that less pellets were used than in temp mode for the same number of hours. The pellets are the same, the usage is the same, yet these differences and the only thing I changed was the mode. I am certainly not complaining but didn't expect that to occur.

Last edited:
A lot of us with Harmans once the weather is cold enough go into manual mode. One thing about auto in room temp mode the stove can go into these huge ramp ups in flame to catch up and that can eat a few more pellets. Auto mode also causes shut down if the house catches up . This means re ignition at some point. Re ignition causes smoke in the firebox. Smoke is dirty, dirt causes dirty glass. Unless it's a season where the stove will shut down for hours you might just be better off in manual like most of the rest of us have found ( not all, some still like auto here)..

Auto mode also causes shut down if the house catches up .

This is why I used room temp mode ONCE when I got the stove, not since. I want to see a fire, that's why I got a stove.

OTOH, last Saturday evening it hit 82F in the living room and I had to crack the front door some...:confused: ...and that's with the stove set about as low as manual mode will go.

This is why I used room temp mode ONCE when I got the stove, not since. I want to see a fire, that's why I got a stove.

OTOH, last Saturday evening it hit 82F in the living room and I had to crack the front door some...:confused: ...and that's with the stove set about as low as manual mode will go.
In my house as soon as the outside temp hits about 30 the stove isn't shutting down, it might attempt to but that will be aborted before it makes it to full shut down. when it re lights you would see huge fire till things catch back up! But the stove definitely maintains temp in the house quite well ( p61A).

In my house as soon as the outside temp hits about 30 the stove isn't shutting down,

I think I see the issue. Here, when it hits 60F, my wife wants a fire. :oops:

;lol;lol;lol

Reactions: Peterfield
Status
Not open for further replies.