Accentra rebuild from cast to brown enamel

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zrtmatos

Feeling the Heat
Nov 26, 2012
Connecticut
How hard would it be to replace the cast iron outer parts on a Harman Accentra with brown enameled parts? I currently own a cast iron Accentra model from 2006 that works well. I found a 2003 brown enameled model for sale at $1200 and am thinking I would like to swap them. The brown model has some non-working parts, auger motor I think. Would this be an easy upgrade? I tinker with my stoves now and have serviced everything on them now; from annual cleaning including fan rebuilding to ignitor replacement. Anyone try this at home?

Well the outside cast parts are the inside parts.Just buy the stove and swap the parts you need to make it work.But 1200 is on the high side,I think.

Yes, Rock Tavern. Don't go and swipe it from me.
So can those enameled panels be swapped easily?

No.The whole stove will be taken apart to do this,as they are not seperate panels,they are the body of the stove,which is why I reccomended fixing it,even if you use your other stove for parts.

Reactions: zrtmatos

Don't worry...I was about to tell the guy "sold!" but the exhaust outlet is way too low for my vent setup. Looks to be in great shape though. Good luck!

The seller removed the listing. They figured out the problem it had and are now going to sell it for 2K. Too much for me on a 2003 model.

Status
Not open for further replies.