Accentra went nutty.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CARL jr

Aug 12, 2015
michigan
It went down to 40f so I thought it would be a good time to test burn my accentra. Fired up and ran it for about 16hrs on room temp at 72deg. Stove performed great untell shutdown. Turned to off and walked away,checked it 15min later and it was feeding pellets for about 2sec. About every 2min so I opened hopper door and pellets stopped feeding so closed door and problem went away. Now when I turn feed rate knob to test all required lights come on comb Fan and pellets feed but no dis fan. Tryed several times and seems to be a intermittent problem. Tryed to fire stove up tonight and igniter did not want to come on unplugged water 2min and stoves fired up and had same shutdown problem. Is my control board smoked ?

The slow shut down is normal and sometimes can take more than half hour. The no room fan has me concerned. How good are the door gaskets as a low vacuum will not allow start sequence.

The only time my Accentra has acted nutty was when the on/off potentiometer went bad. The pot develops dead spots and no longer has a reliable resistance value causing the stove to act wonky. If you're handy with a soldering iron you can replace just the pot for a few dollars otherwise it's the whole board for a few hundred. I first noticed the problem when the stove would start up even though the knob was set to OFF. You can search the forums for more info on this problem.

Last edited:
New boards are about $230 :( Someone tried getting new pots earlier this summer and did not get any response from "Bits and Pieces" Glad I have fairly fresh pots in the stoves.

Reactions: jackman
Door seal looks great. Just took back off stove think dist. Blower motor is going bad or a spade connector has corrosion on it.

Or the hi lo switch is going bad

Anybody know where I can get a distribution blower motor, not the complete assembly just the motor.

Door seal looks great
Have you tried the dollar bill test on the door gaskets? We are working with only 1/2 inch +- of water vacuum
Have you tried connecting the fan directly to power to check it?

No but I will . as for the fan had to hand prop it to get it going. Removed it and it is stiff, put 120 to it and it smoked in ten sec, so I need one now regardless. Dose door seal effect the operation of distribution fan ?

There is a vacuum switch that completes the auger and igniter circuit. The ESP has more to do with the control of the room fan and of course the switch. Sometimes a few full sweeps of the switch can help clear the contacts. Sometimes the stove is to smart and can be a pain to diagnose. I had a stray wire on the room probe last year that was shorting the circuit sometimes and had me order a new board. l found the offending wire after $250 new board did not solve the issue.
Try Grainger for the motor, fan assembly. And give the motor a drop or two of oil if its equipt with oil ports.

Found motor 30 mi from house for 120.00 including shipping. All out her functions of stove working fine at this time. I stayed up tell 1am running it last night.I never stay up that late anymore I am smoked today. After I let the smoke out of it during testing I cleaned motor for S&G it so packed with dust bunnys that was the probably the culprit the hole time.oops like and learn. Always keep it simple stupid when troubleshooting at the beginning, broke my own rule

Some canned air and a vacuum is a pellets stoves motors best friends. Could have bought a case of canned air and a nice vacuum for $120:( Last time I looked at a fan for someone for a p series it was $50 from Grainger. I always try to tell anyone bringing home a used stove to go through them and clean everything as the dust bunnies are killers. I use a 2 gallon pancake compressor and a shop vac to do evictions every year and when I did field service. I only replaced one combustion fan motor on a stove since I have owned and used pellets stoves. Heres a picture of an ill stove fan.

Attachments

• DSCN0125.JPG
    DSCN0125.JPG
    523.8 KB · Views: 143
169.00 Now at granger. Yes this all old hat for me , I am so excited to have a appliance that burns a renewable wood product in my household again I went into dog with a bone mode. And cut corners. My last house was like a proving ground for all things wood, the chimneys where bullet proof, like nothing I have ever seen. Literally the house was built around it so we had fun with

New fan installed all is rite in the world. Back running like a champ.looks like flame guard is warped also is this common on the Harman.

I believe they changed the design of the flame guard.

I did take note that the replacement looked different.

0919151733a.jpg 0901150652.jpg 0919151733a.jpg 0901150652.jpg Pics of install.0829152021.jpg

Attachments

• 0919151733.jpg
    0919151733.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 88
Better pic of barn beam.162388-ff8ff606b04396e444188e2394799953.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oops the phone is smarter than I am

Status
Not open for further replies.