Added a fan on Kent Tile Fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan Pijpelink

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2015
South Jersey
The Kent is in the room next to my office. As the Kent has no fan, I ordered a Tjernlund stove insert blower (3 fans) and put it on top of the Kent. 330 cf/m. Makes a HUGE difference. Temp in the office next door went up in minutes.

Attachments

• IMG_0703.JPG
    IMG_0703.JPG
    195 KB · Views: 411
I would have thought the unit is to be installed behind the stove to keep the fans cooler. Is the hot stove air being blown through the fan blades or away from the fans?

I would have thought the unit is to be installed behind the stove to keep the fans cooler. Is the hot stove air being blown through the fan blades or away from the fans?
It is blown away from the fans, far away. Before my purchase I checked if it was doable and many other people do it too, with success, so I took the chance. I don't have to use it constantly; when the temp. is comfortable I remove the blower.

Two hours ago I started with a new load of oak in the Kent and I moved the blower from the top of the stove to the mantle, about 27 inches higher, considering the rising hot air would reach the blower anyway.
Now, 2 hours later, the T in the office is 74 F. Before I got the blower, the highest T I could get was 68F. So $118 well spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.