1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Added a new to me saw!

Post in 'The Gear' started by Stlshrk, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Stlshrk

Stlshrk Member

Loc:
    VA
    I have been looking for sometime and finally found a decent used Husqvarna 346xp at lunchtime Friday. I think the appropriate adjective would be STOKED!

MS361 & 346XP.jpeg

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Very nice! Already updated your signature :)
    Stlshrk likes this.
  3. Thistle

Thistle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central IA
    You've got one helluva combo there...::-)
    Stlshrk likes this.
  4. TreePointer

TreePointer Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Western PA
    Good get. 45 or 50cc?
  5. Stlshrk

Stlshrk Member

Loc:
    VA
    Thanks guys. It is a 50cc model.
  6. Stlshrk

Stlshrk Member

Loc:
    VA
    Okay, so I've had a chance to run the new to me 346xp through its paces a little this afternoon. And it was like falling in love all over again. And no, it won't replace or make me sell the ms361, but DADDY LIKE!!! >> ;) It is another chip making machine, for sure.
  7. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA
    Nice saw, 20" bar? (oops, read your signature)
    How the balance with the 20"?
    Get it for a good price ?
  8. Stlshrk

Stlshrk Member

Loc:
    VA
    I think the balance is pretty good. I had been looking, not searching for the last 6 months or so. My job has me spend a lot of time on the road, so if I have a chance to go into a saw store, I take the opportunity to search their used saw racks. This saw was one of the cleaner 346 that I have found, but most of the others were going for $400 or more. I almost pulled the trigger 2 other times, but I try to live by the montra of buy and sell when you don't have to do it. That way you can walk away easier than if you really had to have whatever purchase or item. I'm not sure if it is my area or what, but I think that would have been too much to pay. I picked up mine for $325 last week. The dealer has a good reputation, so I believe them when they tell me that she's got good compression. I've noted that she starts easy, revs quickly and smoothly, new stihl chain, visually the saw hasn't been abused, slings oil well, sounds good, and it feels like mounts are in good shape. Not a steal by any means, but a value at that price, I think.
  9. Boog

Boog Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NE Ohio
    Looks like a good deal Stlshrk, and now you have your one obligatory Husky and can go back to more Stihls! :cool:
    MasterMech likes this.