1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Adding a programable thermostat

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by caseyclan, Sep 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caseyclan

caseyclan New Member

Loc:
    Missouri
    Greetings,
    I have a Quad cb1200 insert that has the "basic" wall thermostat that came with the model. I like the wall thermostat, especially where its located, but would like to have the ability to have the stove lit and warming the house by the time we get up. I did a search for any old threads discussing this topic, but couldn't find anything specific to my model. I have looked in the manual, but all I can find is "The appliance is designed to run on a 12 volt AC thermostat". I don't want anything fancy, just the ability to program an early start time. The wiring has only 2 wires (red and white) but NO labels, so I assume the red goes to R and the white to the W (on the new thermostat). I saw a backlit Honeywell that does what I want, and its reasonable. Quad makes a programable one for 149.00 (per my dealer) - not going to happen. My dealer wasn't very helpful with the wiring suggestions or if I can use the honeywell, so any suggestions, personal experiences, etc would be appreciated.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. DiggerJim

DiggerJim Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northcentral Connecticut
    You probably don't have a "Red" in the new thermostat - it probably has an RH and an RC. You want the red wire on the RH I believe. But don't worry, the thermostat will have directions for a 2-wire install. Easy as pie to install. Just make sure it's for 12V not 24V (the latter being pretty common). It'll say on the package.
  3. imacman

imacman Guest

Attached Files:

4. kt1i

kt1i Member

Loc:
    Central MA
    Yep, looks just like mine that says Quadrafire on it and cost $100+. :zip:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.