Adding an extra Radiator to the system.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

reog

Oct 20, 2014
ontario
I have an indoor boiler in my garage which is not heated. The boiler sits in a room about the size of a single bay that is seperate from the rest of the garage and the radiant heat it gives off keeps the temperature in that room about 3 or 4 degrees. I am looking to add a run off of this which would supply heat to a few radiators in the other part of the garage which is about 2 bays big.

My question revolves around the fact that I only have about 18 inches of pex between the floor and my stove in which to tap into. I was wondering if I added something like this multiport tee ( https://www.zurn.com/product-families/q/qpm443-_/qpm443-2 ) with a shut of on the feed and return lines and a pump controlled by a thermostat, if that would allow the current system and the new rad/rads to function correctly? Hers a mockup. :)

add a rad.jpg