1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

adding glass to door of harman furnace?

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by dookits13, Jan 17, 2013.

1. dookits13

dookits13 Member

Loc:
    NE Ohio
    hi all , i have a harman wood/coal furnace and have been trying to get this thing dialed in!! tired of getting up every morning to start a new fire .... so tired.... so i've been doing a lot of reading on this site and others for solutions . added a baro. damper, still tweaking that but it has made a difference . and am always adjusting the draft controls to get the most out of it!!! also read some where about adding firebricks on top of grates ... now in morning i actually have a bed of coals to work with..... anyways to my main reason for the post .... to be able to see the fire is the best way to determine how the stove is operating, i do have a temp. gauge on it to monitor what is going on but seeing is believing!! my warranty has expired ... so is it possible or a good idea to some how cut a window in the loading door??? get some high temp stove glass , gasket, fab some clamps and watch it burn !! i know this is getting long but really looking for some knowledge on how to get the most out of this unit..... anyone have any experience running this furnace ... secondary burn dials? any info or ideas .... greatly appreciated thanks in advance !

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. longboarder2

longboarder2 Member

Loc:
    southern NJ
    welcome to the wonderful world of Harman! did you call them so they could tell you that, " we build them, we don't tune them or install them" ? if harman would make a sightglass that screwed in place of the draft dials on the loading door, it would be a million seller!

feeling your pain with my sf-160 woodsucker.