1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Adjust Craftsman carb

Post in 'DIY and General non-hearth advice' started by Bootlegger, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Bootlegger

Bootlegger New Member

Loc:
    Where the Bluegrass meets Hills
    I have a Craftsman gas trimmer and a blower. They both have 2-cycle engines. I need to adjust the carb on the trimmer but the screws require a special tool. The heads are round with ridges or knurls around the outside. I checked the stuff I got with the trimmer, no tool. I looked in the manual, no tool mentioned. I wandered over to my Sears store, never heard of it. Called the Sears service line, spoke to three departments, none have a clue.

Seriously? Its not like this is some off-brand, they must sell thousands of these engines every year, all around the country. Surely I'm missing something here (along with Sears). What do I use to adjust the hi and lo on a Sears-mounted 2-stroke carb?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. semipro

semipro Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SW Virginia
    I just bought one about a month ago. Look for Poulan or Husqvarna part number 530035560. I bought mine at Jack's Small Engines for less than $5.
  3. Bootlegger

Bootlegger New Member

Loc:
    Where the Bluegrass meets Hills
    Thanks, I finally tracked it down about 20 minutes ago. I'll try locally before I buy off the web.