Adjustable return detent on 3 point splitter.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ksracer

Nov 25, 2019
Wichita KS
Tractor is closed center hydraulics and the valve wouldn't kick out on at the end of the return stroke after swapping from the open center spool. Not a big deal, but i like this better. Plus I'm not using 24" of stroke when 18" will get the job done!

Attachments

• IMG_20200127_141935.jpg
    IMG_20200127_141935.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 102
  • VID_20200127_141953.mp4
    3.4 MB
Detents will wear out. In my experience its usually that they don't hold. Usually when the won't pop out it's something in the valve assembly. Either way new valves are often cheaper than a rebuild.

Edit: just reread your post. So I assuming it worked before you went to closed center? May not be building enough pressure with the ram at 1/2 stroke.