adjusting air intake lever on Napolean

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pellet9999

Sep 3, 2008
ny
On a Napolean 1100P
Is the only air intake on this stove what comes out of the ash dump hole,,?? or is there other intake air besides the second burn tube....?
Has anyone adjusted the actual mechanism lever so it opens the air more or less for a given setting..??
I noticed that the ash drawer has a 2 piece hinged flap on it that is used to close the drawer so ash doesnt fly around when you empty it. That flap is up against the
intake hole(outside air). Was wondering if I removed it if more air would flow in. I dont need the flap anyway.
The stove isnt behaving badly...I would just like to tweak it for Perfect operation if possible. My wood is good. My Lodgepole is burning better than my Douglas Fir.
Both are standing dead and dry. Visible checking inside. Anyone with experience with Naps....??

Status
Not open for further replies.