Adjusting (Aquastats) HI LO & Diff settings while using Wood Stove to heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stejus

Minister of Fire
Jul 29, 2008
Central MA
Can I set the controls to: HI 160 LO 140 Diff 10? I think I read oil burner furnaces don't like to get below 140 for some reason.

I have a tankless water heater in my oil fired furnace. I would like to change my settings since I will only be using my boiler to heat DHW. I don't think I need to hold the boiler temp at 200 degrees because I will rarely use my baseboard heat because I have a wood stove that is the primary heat now.

I think this will keep my DHW where I want it. If for some reason my thermostat kicks in during the winter, it will only pass 160 degree water through the pipes. I realize the baseboard heat will take forever at 160 degrees, but I really don't need it and it will rarely kick on.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.