1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Advice for Buying the Breckwell SP 6000 - On Order But I Could Change My Mind

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by mischinski, Jul 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mischinski

mischinski Member

Loc:
    Eastern PA
    Hello All:

I am new to this forum as I am entering the world of alternative heating. I look forward to your support.

Does anyone have an opinion on the Breckwell SP 6000? I have one on order from Rural King which is back ordered until mid August, so still have time to change my mind. The decision was difficult - I found a review on line and the top rated stove was a Harman and the best rated budget stove was a Breckwell (different model). I wanted multi fuel and a high BTU output with a good rating. Rural King had them for $1500 and I did not want to make a huge investment at this point not knowing if this was the right way to go. Their web site is a bit short on specs specifically BTU output for pellets (50K for corn). It is not an auto stop and start (not sure if that is a must have feature).

Any advice is greatly appreciated as I have made at leat a one season commitment - purchased 2 tons of pellets. Is this enough for this stove? I live in eastern PA just outside Philly.

Thanks for any help, Mark

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. MCPO

MCPO Minister of Fire

Loc:
    western Ma , close to NY state border
    I can only speak of the auto start. If the stove`s operation shuts it on/off and necessitates the auto start feature to be employed repeatedly and often this could use a significant amount of electricity and undoubtedly would reduce the life expectancy of the auto start unit itself.
    On the other hand manually lighting a pellet stove once a day or more can get to be be a PITA on warmer months when you need only a few hours of heat per day. It is an extra step that isn`t required with auto start.
    Everything in life has tradeoffs and this feature is no exception.
    John
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.