1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Advice needed on Heritage Cartier II wood stove

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by LakeErieLover, Sep 18, 2013.

1. LakeErieLover

LakeErieLover New Member

We have recently purchased a cottage and the wood stove in the cottage is a Heritage Cartier II stove.
    I have no idea how old the stove is nor do I know anything about the stove. I have read on the internet that it may not be EPA approved. I would appreciate anyone's advice as to whether I should leave the stove in the cottage and use it or whether this older type of wood stove is junk and I should update with a newer model woodstove. I must admit I do like the look of it. I appreciate any help or advice.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. fbelec

fbelec Minister of Fire

Loc:
    northern massachusetts
    welcome to the forum. see if you can upload a picture. there should be some here that should have a clue on what you have.

frank
  3. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    If the stove is in good condition and it is safely and properly installed then I can't see a reason to replace it, especially if this is just for occasional burning unless you want to have a cleaner burning stove in place. It has a basic secondary burn system that is better than some of the older stoves.

http://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/secondary-burn-on-heritage-cartier.45616/