1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Advice on how to shut this thing up,please.

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Toasty in NH, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Toasty in NH

Toasty in NH New Member

Hi . I have an Austroflamm FS ,and when I turn it up on med. or high,it is so loud and rattly , that I feel I need to adjust something with the fan . I think it sits inside or near a cage,and just want to know if i can tighten anything up in there.Sounds like we are rumbling off to war here.Thanks !

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. moburns

moburns New Member

Loc:
    Central Maryland
    When ever I have a fan issue I shoot it with compressed air. Sometimes it fixes the problem.
  3. smwilliamson

smwilliamson Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southcoast, MA
    your tangential fan (room blower) most likely has a few pellets caught in the fins and is wobbling. Your end bushing for that fan may be in need of replacement too.
    The Village Idiot likes this.
  4. Harvey Schneider

Harvey Schneider Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southbury, CT
    • I had a similar issue with a 25-pdvc I was rebuilding. The problem was that the bearing carrier ( the end plate of the motor) was loose. All that was needed was to set the three dimples in the motor housing that capture the bearing carrier a little tighter. A nail-set and a light hammer did the job. Often the bearing is fine, but the carrier has become loose.
  5. N.E S4

N.E S4 Member

I bought a used 25-pdvc a week ago the motor is very loud. I pulled out the combustion today and replaced the gasket I also disassemble the motor and spun the bearing it's very loud. The bearing is loose and I'm sure all of the grease inside has been dried up. I'm planning on replacing the bearings on it.