Advice would be appreciated

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

eslayton

Nov 3, 2018
Gibsonia
IMG_0061.JPG
Hi there:
I am currently trying to repair a Heat and Glo SL-75TRS-IPI-D and am stuck on a part. I determined that the issue is the pilot assembly (multimeter) and ordered a new one. In the troubleshooting process I took the ceramic plate off (past trouble with spiders) and found a frayed and deteriorating fiberglass-like gasket between the plate and the assembly (see above). I've done a lot of searching and can't find this referenced anywhere or a replacement part for it. Is this gasket necessary for me to run the fireplace safely? If so, any guidance on where to find it or what to use as a replacement? Thanks.

You can use RTV Silicone to create that seal. Remove ALL of the fibrous stuff first.
You will probably need MORE than one tube. Just apply it where the OEM gasket was,
paying close attention to the edges. You don't want any gas to blow by & ignite where
it's not supposed to...

You can use RTV Silicone to create that seal. Remove ALL of the fibrous stuff first.
You will probably need MORE than one tube. Just apply it where the OEM gasket was,
paying close attention to the edges. You don't want any gas to blow by & ignite where
it's not supposed to...
I was wondering--not too different from an engine! thanks a lot.

I would not use silicone. Rather a similar gasket material to what you found on it. You will thank yourself next time you need to take it apart to clean your burner orifice again.