After Market Parts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coreis

Oct 19, 2012
For you experienced pelleteers- Since replacement parts are so expensive, it would be nice to know which stoves use which parts that are interchangeable. For instance, the auger motors for Englander and Breckwell (and others) are the same & interchangeable. I now will need to change out my convection fan soon on a 8 year old Danson shop heater (CC Franklin 120). Since the part is about $240, it would be nice to know if I can use the 250 CFM fan being sold at Home Depot for an Englaner stove at $164. Are there any reference tools out their for these purposes? Does anyone know about the compatibility for these fans? Here is the Home Depot listing:
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202339048/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=pellet stove&storeId=10051#.UJVPfmfVp50

Thanks

If the fan housing and motor will fit inside your stove, and the flange bolt holes line up, I don't see why not.

Why not just replace the motor, if that's what is worn out?

There are many places to buy replacement motors, like Grainger....just bring the motor in with you and have them match it up. Or if you have the motor numbers, try here:

www.cshincorporated.com/index.php/cPath/109

If you have a variable speed motor you should only buy a variable speed motor, all motors are not same.

Status
Not open for further replies.